Sunday, 27 July 2008
A good friend of mine asked me if I'd do one of my doodle horses, as the theme for Florries challenge on CSF this week is animals. This one was a bit different in as much as I doodled it with a pokey tool on stampbord, which had been inked with distress inks. I then edged the ATC with gold acrylic dabber.
Tuesday, 22 July 2008
So, having made my very first twinchie, the dilemma arose, as to what to do with it! I consulted a friend, who helpfully told me that hers was "on the windowsill"! Being obviously far more creative than her..........(yeah right!) I decided to make mine into a canvas. I therefore did a bit of matting and layering, and attached it to a canvas that I had covered with a beautiful piece of daisy paper. I used a distress ink pad to distress the edges of the canvas to match, added gold peel off corners, and wrote the word Summer in Write 'n' rub pen, which I then gilded.
Monday, 14 July 2008
Yes, another canvas! I'm still playing with the slide mounts, and thought they would be effective used thus on a canvas, with prints of some of my paintings in them. I coloured the background of the canvas with distress inks, and painted the trees with acrylic paint to finish it off.
Well....I bought these slide mounts, as I thought they'd look nice with my paintings in them. Then I was a bit concerned that a card with one attached might be a little top heavy. My friend Fifi suggested that I send her a card so she could check it out....................how kind is that?!!! Anyway I made this card, the slide mount does axctually hang squarely in front of the matts, but I had to turn it upside down to scan, so it's moved a bit! The trees are scribbled on with a biro :)
Thursday, 10 July 2008
I've decided to join the July Tag swap on CSF........all three tags will be the same, so I've just blogged the first one. I have used a fab sheet of paper, (sorry can't remember whose it is!) The edges were distressed with distress ink, and then edged with a gold Adirondack acrylic dabber. The stamps are both my designs, stamped with olive green Stazon, and coloured in using Aquatone sticks. The lily was then cut out, and mounted on a spare piece of the background paper, and gold mirri card, before being attached to the tag.
Wednesday, 9 July 2008
Saturday, 5 July 2008
Well I've been busy doing another canvas.................haven't mastered the art of stamping onto them yet, so had to employ a bit of lateral thinking, as I made the bulrushes stamp especially for this project! I hope you like it.